FA DIRECTIVE CORONAVIRUS COVID 19
The FA have noted the UK Government’s announcement on Monday 4th January with regards to the new national COVID-19 restrictions and lockdown. As a result, the impact on ‘non-elite’ football in England will include the suspension of fixtures and training across the following, with immediate effect:
· Steps three to six of the National League System (NLS)
· Tiers three to seven of the Women’s Football Pyramid
· Regional NLS feeder leagues
· Barclays FA WSL Academy League (unless under elite status)
· FA Girls Regional Talent Clubs (unless under elite status)
· All indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football, including under 18s (except organised outdoor football for disabled people which is allowed to continue)
· Vitality Women’s FA Cup (which is currently classified as ‘non-elite’ at this stage in the competition)
It is extremely important that clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents, carers and facility providers adhere to the UK Government’s new national COVID-19 lockdown restrictions and we implore everyone to follow these.
OUR FOOTBALL CLUB
Barton Rovers Football Club aims to provide football coaching, training and competitive youth football for boys and girls within the Reading, Berkshire area and we also run adult men football teams.
- Barton Rovers FC is one of the largest youth football clubs in Reading with over 250 registered players.
- In 2004 we were one of the first clubs in the Reading area to achieve the F A Charter Standard and in May 2013 we were awarded the coveted FA Community Club Charter Standard. We are the only official Club in the West Reading area to hold this status.
- We have a reputation for fair play, sportsmanship, good organisation and the development of youth soccer, and set high standards for attitude and behaviour on and off the pitch. .
- We hold a Development Centre on Friday evenings to coach soccer skills in partnership with Procision Football Coaching for children from age 4 to age 6 in a safe and friendly environment.
- With the support of Little Heath School and Tilehurst Parish Council, our home grounds in Tilehurst provide us with excellent playing facilities for mini soccer and 11 a side formats.
- We are represented in the East Berks Football Alliance, East Berks Football League, Reading & West Berkshire Football League and the Reading Sunday League.
- We run a well organised annual football tournament in July.
Barton Rovers can offer your child a safe, friendly and structured environment for them to enjoy football in the Reading area.
Children from age 4 to age 6 are welcome to come and join West Reading’s only Charter Standard Community Club for fun and inclusive coaching carried out by our partners Procision Sports Academy.
- FRIDAY EVENINGS 16.00 — 17.00
- LITTLE HEATH SCHOOL PLAYING FIELDS, LITTLE HEATH ROAD, RG31 5TQ
- FEES PAYABLE OF £3.50 PER SESSION
With the current restrictions in place, Procision Sports Academy can only accept children attending the Development Centre if they book through their OpenPlay system.
By doing this we eliminate any contact with cash but more importantly we can use the register through the bookings as part of out track & trace process.
The bookings link can be found below. If children turn up on the day without registering, they will be expected to complete the booking form prior to the session commencing.
If you require any further information please contact Mark on – firstname.lastname@example.org