FA DIRECTIVE CORONAVIRUS COVID 19: Consistent with Government advice, published on Wednesday 13 May, the following outdoor football activity is currently permitted:
- playing football individually (individual skills or fitness activities);
- playing football with your family or other people living in your household;
- an individual can play football with one other person who is not from their household
- coaching an adult player one-to-one.
All social distancing guidelines must be followed.
If an individual is symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, the guidance is that you should remain at home.
The following football activity is not permitted at this time, consistent with Government guidelines:
- coaching a child (U18) from a different household one-to-one. In order to comply with our safeguarding policy, a child must have a parent/carer with them, which doesn’t comply with Government social distancing requirements;
- two or more people from one household playing with one person or more from outside their household.
The Berks & Bucks FA in a separate comunication have confirmed that “What is clear now, is that no group face-to-face activities are permissible.”
As a result of this directive no friendlies or training sessions are to be arranged, by Barton Rovers FC teams
Barton Rovers Football Club aims to provide football coaching, training and competitive youth football for boys and girls within the Reading, Berkshire area. We also run adult men and ladies football teams.
- Barton Rovers FC is one of the largest youth football clubs in Reading with over 250 registered players.
- In 2004 we were one of the first clubs in the Reading area to achieve the F A Charter Standard and in May 2013 we were awarded the coveted FA Community Club Charter Standard.
- We have a reputation for fair play, sportsmanship, good organisation and the development of youth soccer, and set high standards for attitude and behaviour on and off the pitch. .
- We hold a Development Centre on Sunday mornings to coach soccer skills in partnership with Procision Football Coaching for children from Reception to Year 1 in a safe and friendly environment.
- With the support of Little Heath School and Tilehurst Parish Council, our home ground’s in Tilehurst provides us with excellent playing facilities for mini soccer and 11 a side formats.
- We are represented in the BOBi League, East Berks Football Alliance, East Berks Football League, Peter Houseman Youth League, Reading & West Berkshire Football League, Reading Sunday League and the Thames Valley County Womens League.
- We run a well organised annual football tournament in July for youth and Ladies football teams.
Barton Rovers can offer your child a safe, friendly and structured environment for them to enjoy football in the Reading area.